Seven Mediterranean film projects selected for Interchange 2012
Industry, Events and Festivals
TorinoFilmLab, Dubai International Film Festival and EAVE have announced the names of participants selected for the third edition of the Interchange programme to foster cooperation between film professionals from Europe and the Arab world.
The following 10 teams of directors and producers will participate in the programme, developing fiction feature films. Seven out of the 10 teams selected come from the Mediterranean region.
- ANGELS OF EGYPT by Adrianos Georgantas (Greece), producer: Nataly Anastasia Douka (Greece) for Aiolia Films
- BROTHER IN LAW by Elie Khalifé (Lebanon), producer: Francine Lusser (Switzerland) for Tipi’mages Productions
- DAMASCENES by Rana Kazkaz (Syria/US), co-directed by Anas Khalaf (Syria/France), producer: Palmyre Badinier (France) for Les Films de Zayna
- HEATWAVE by Joyce Nashawati (Lebanon), producer: Alexandra Boussiou (Greece) for Wrong Men
- HOURYA by Mehdi Hmili (Tunisia), producer: Mohamed Ali Ben Hamra (Tunisia) for Polimovie International Pictures
- I AM HERE BUT YOU CAN’T SEE ME by Feyrouz Serhal (Lebanon), producer: Oualid Mouaness (Lebanon) for Roummana
- IN WHICH LAND YOU DIE by Ahmed Maher (Egypt), producer: Amr Waked (Egypt) for ZAD Communication and production
- PETRA & JOSEPHINE by Caroline Chomienne (France), producer: Dominique Bouyala-Dumas (France) for Creative Camera Production
- THE SLAP by Burhan Qurbani (Germany) and Martin Behnke (Germany), producer: Johanna Teichmann (Germany) for Tellux Film
- 99 by Hicham Lasri (Morocco), producer: Lamia Chraibi (Morocco) for La Prod
The 3 script editor trainees who will take part in Interchange 2012 are: Menna Ekram (Egypt), Suha Najjar (Jordan), and Myriam Sassine (Lebanon).
Participants will develop their projects during 2 residential workshops and 2 on-line sessions. The first workshop will take place in Turin next May 26-31. The programme be concluded during the Dubai International Film Festival on December 7-13, 2012.
This final workshop will include a pitching event and one-to-one meetings with film industry professionals from the European Union and Arab countries.