Thessaloniki’s Crossroads Co-Production Forum selects 17 projects
5 projects from South Mediterranean countries
Events and Festivals
The Greek festival will offer 10 films as works in progress and there will be 250 international titles in Film Market.
Agora/Market, the industry section of the 52nd Thessaloniki International Film Festival is poised to play this year an even greater role than usual as the financial crisis affects countries in the Southern Europe.
Projects coming from the Balkans, Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean areas look towards such Agora/Market sections as Crossroads and Works in Progress to secure funding outside their national borders towards development, co-production and post-production.
Crossroads, the MEDIA programme-supported Co-Production Forum headed by Marie-Pierre Macia and coordinated by Angeliki Vergou, will present 17 feature projects in its seventh year (that’s two up from last year). All are produced or co-produced by a country in Southeastern and Central Europe or the Mediterranean area or containing plot elements linked to these regions.
The selected projects from ENPI South countries are:
- Back to the Jungle, director: Wissam Charac, producer: Charlotte Vincent, Aurora Films France/Lebanon
- Beirut Hold’Em, director: Michel Kammoun, producer: Georges Schoucair, About Production, Lebanon
- Colored Feathers, director: Mohammad Hushki, producer: Rula Nasser, The Imaginarium Films, Jordan
- Hole in the Wall, director: Hadar Morag, producer: Shuki Friedman, Shuki Friedman Productions, Israel
- Righteous Path, director: Okacha Touita, producer: Yacine Laloui , Laith Media, Algeria
The other projects includes:
- Sea Burners, director: Melissa Önel, director: producer: Nadir Öperli, Bulut Film, Turkey
- September, director/producer: Penny Panayotopoulou, P.P Productions, co-production: Thanassis Karathanos, Twenty Twenty Vision, Greece/Germany
- Silence s’il vous plait, director: Thodoris Papadoulakis, producer: Ioanna Davi, Indigo View Productions, Greece
- A Slight Concern, director: Cyril de Gasperis, producer: Jean-Christophe Soulageon, Les Films Sauvages, France
- Standing Aside, Watching, director: Yorgos Servetas, producers: Fenia Cossovitsa & Konstantinos Kontovrakis, Blonde Production, Greece
- Virus, director: Angelos Frantzis, producer: Maria Tsigka, Argonauts Productions, Greece
- Barbarians, director: Ivan Ikic, producer: Milan Stojanovic, Sense Productions, Serbia
- The Couch, director: Duccio Chiarini, producer: Fabrizio Mosca, Acaba Produzioni, Italy
- The House, director: Zoran Sudar, producer: Igor A. Nola, Mainframe Production, Croatia
- Low Lives,director: Zeki Demirkubuz [pictured], producer: Gökçe Isil Tuna, Motiva Film, Turkey
- The Miner,director: Hanna Slak, producer: Dunja Klemenc, Studio Maj, Slovenia/Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Radiogram, director: Rouzie Hassanova, producer: Ralitsa Veleva, Hassanova Films, Bulgaria