Call for films for the London International Documentary Festival 2012
Application Deadline: 6 January 2012
The LIDF in association with the London Review of Books is calling for submissions for its 2012 edition.
The LIDF is the UK’s largest independent documentary festival. Since 2007 the festival has worked to ensure that London is host to exciting, diverse, challenging and inspiring films from every corner of the globe.
Successful submissions for LIDF will from now on be offered the opportunity to be seen by a passionate community of online doc-lovers as well as the industry professionals and enthusiasts who attend the festival. With set-top boxes and connected TV now a reality, the way we consume media is changing at an impossibly fast rate. Increasingly it is the viewer who decides what they want to watch and when and that’s why LIDF is offering filmmakers the opportunity to engage with a global community beyond the festival itself.
Eligibility and warranties:
- The call is open and international.
- All subject matter is considered.
- Short and Feature length films are accepted.
- First time and established filmmakers all welcome.
- Films produced prior to January 1st 2010 are not eligible.
- Entries must be postmarked on or before the relevant submission deadline. Standard deadline for entry is January 6th 2012. Late entries will be accepted until February 3rd 2012, provided that the entry is accompanied by the additional late entry fee.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at ‘live’ Festival events other than theatrical screening.
- Successful entries may be used for private press screenings prior to the festival.
- All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles, or with supplementary printed translations, will be automatically disqualified.
- Use of the on-line Entry Form assumes acceptance of the LIDF Entry Regulations.
For more information:
Official Entry Form
Frequently Asked Questions